ZDNET’s key takeaways
- Topdon TopScan Bluetooth OBD automotive scanner is often priced at $80, however now you may get it for $60.
- Filled with options that you simply’d count on from a high-end skilled scan device and provides the power to hold out some deep-dive diagnostics.
- Software program may be difficult to make use of, and a few options require superior data to get their full profit.
Few issues are extra annoying than the dreaded “test engine” mild abruptly showing in your automobile’s dashboard. It is a kind of issues which means a visit to a mechanic, being with out your automobile for a interval, and large payments.
In the event you’re in any respect technical and DIY-minded, tackling automobile repairs may not be exterior of your ability set. This is the issue: Automobiles are difficult issues, and require computer systems to hold out diagnostics and repairs. With out one among these “automobile computer systems,” you are not going to get far.
Properly, that is the facility that the Topdon TopScan Bluetooth OBD automotive scanner provides you.
Topdon TopScan OBD2 Scanner Bluetooth – Run vehicle reset functions
This tool gives you the ability to read/clear trouble codes, access ECU data, run vehicle reset functions, and even has bi-directional features to allow you to run active tests on specific components.
Remember to click the $20 off coupon to get the best price on this scanner.
Topdon TopScan options
- Full system diagnostics
- Capability to learn/clear bother codes, entry ECU (engine management unit) info, learn automobile VIN, view real-time information, and run energetic assessments
- Run automobile reset features: Oil reset, throttle adaptation, EPB (digital parking brake) reset, steering angle reset, DPF (diesel particulate filter) regeneration, ABS (anti-lock braking system) bleeding, BMS (battery administration system) reset, and airbag reset
- Bi-directional scan device allows you to ship instructions out of your smartphone on to the automobile’s ECU for energetic testing and management options equivalent to dashboard, home windows, doorways, sunroof, lights, and so on.
- Helps 70+ totally different automobile makes throughout American, Asian, and European markets
- Works with iOS and Android
- After the primary yr of free updates, the subscription price for the second yr is $49.99/yr for all relevant automobile fashions and all options
In the event you’ve used these low cost OBD scan instruments up to now, then put together to be blown away by what the TopScan can do. Whereas it is simple to discover a cheap and cheerful scan tool for reading and clearing codes, and a few that will handle more advanced tasks, the TopScan bests all of them, permitting you to do critically superior diagnostics and restore duties, equivalent to injector coding, sunroof initialization, door lock assessments, and dashboard diagnostics.
Additionally: My search for the best cheap Android tablet is over
Plug the device into the automobile’s OBD port — discovering this generally is a little bit of a problem at instances, and an web search is commonly wanted — fireplace up the app, and away you go!
And if all this sounds difficult, worry not, since you get entry to Topdon’s restore information library, It is a complete data base and a incredible device for many who need to get monetary savings and remedy minor automobile issues.
ZDNET’s shopping for recommendation
The Topdon TopScan is one of the best smartphone-based OBD automotive diagnostic device I’ve ever used. The wealth of options that it supplies entry to is wonderful — and all for underneath $80. And proper now you may seize this for $60 on Amazon.
An unimaginable worth!
As with most issues, utilizing one thing like this comes with a studying curve, as a result of nothing can rework you right into a mechanic in a single day, however with this device in your toolbox, you can sort out some critical automobile troubleshooting jobs.