Scrumptious and heat candy potato mushroom grain bowls are full of so many veggies, complete grains, and topped with goat cheese and almonds.
Discuss a meal full of #allthegoodstuff. When you’re searching for a recipe that’s loaded with veggies and made with complete grains, you’ll love this heat, and healthful candy potato mushroom grain bowl recipe!
The mushrooms and candy potato simmer in a tomato stew after which they’re combined with cooked bulgar and millet. Lastly, they’re topped with a easy honey, za’atar, and almond combination to spherical out the meal.
What’s in on this grain bowl recipe?
There are 3 components to this recipe – 1. the grains, the veggies, and the almond topping. The grains featured are bulgar and millet (don’t fear, we’ll educate you the best way to make them). The veggies included are candy potato, mushrooms, tomatoes, and onion, and garlic. Lastly, the crunchy almond topping is made with slivered almonds, honey, and za’atar seasoning.
Get our High 10 5-Star Recipes!
Be a part of our e mail listing for brand spanking new recipes and BONUS: get our high 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
- Veggies: be happy to swap in any veggies that you just love resembling butternut squash, bell pepper, or common potatoes.
- Grains: you possibly can swap some other grain you’d like resembling brown rice, wild rice, and even quinoa.
- Cheese: be happy to skip the cheese or use a unique gentle cheese resembling Boursin.
These grain bowls will final for a couple of days within the fridge. We beloved portioning them out into single servings for a straightforward grab-and-go meal possibility.
We beloved consuming this grain bowl heat with further goat cheese on high subsequent to a mattress of arugula. You’ll be able to all the time serve it subsequent to a protein, too, resembling grilled chicken, cast iron steak, or sauteed shrimp.
Candy Potato Mushroom Grain Bowl Recipe
This savory candy potato mushroom grain bowl recipe is a healthful meal topped with slivered almonds and goat cheese.
Cook dinner:40 minutes
Candy Potato and Mushrooms
- ¼ cup olive oil separated
- 16 oz. shiitake mushrooms sliced (~2 cups)
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ massive white onion minced
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 2.5 cups diced candy potatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 10 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 sprigs contemporary thyme
- 1 tablespoon za’atar seasoning
- 3 tablespoons chopped contemporary parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped contemporary mint
- 4 oz. goat cheese crumbled
Put together the bulgar and the millet earlier than beginning something. Each grains must be cooked individually. Cook dinner the bulgar and millet individually in keeping with the bundle or see the directions under.
For the bulgar. Convey 1.5 cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to a boil over medium/excessive warmth and add the bulgar. Convey the water to a boil once more after which cowl the pot, and switch the warmth low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or till the bulgar is cooked, however nonetheless has a chunk to it. Pressure the surplus water and lay the bulgar out on a plate to chill.
For the millet. Add 1 cup of water, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and the millet and boil over medium/excessive warmth. Cowl the pot and switch the warmth to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or till the millet is cooked, however nonetheless has a chunk to it. Pressure the surplus water and lay the millet out on a plate to chill.
Put together the vegetables- warmth olive oil in a big skillet over medium warmth. Add the mushrooms to the skillet and season them with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Saute the mushrooms for 5-6 minutes after which take away them from the skillet.
Add 2 tablespoons extra olive oil after which add the onion. Season the with ½ teaspoon of salt and saute for 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for an additional 1 minute, simply make certain the garlic doesn’t begin to burn.
Add candy potatoes and allow them to brown for 1-2 minutes after which pour the broth over the greens. Toss the entire substances collectively. Break up any brown bits from the underside of the pan.
Add the tomatoes and the tomato paste and whisk the tomato paste till it has been mixed with the broth. Add the contemporary thyme sprigs, za’atar seasoning, and the remaining salt, and convey the whole lot to a delicate simmer over medium/excessive warmth.
Flip the warmth to low and permit the combination to simmer for 15-20 minutes or till the tomatoes have burst and the sauce thickens.*
Put together the almond topping whereas the sauce simmers. Toss the almonds in a small, dry skillet with the honey and za’atar seasoning and toast the entire substances over medium warmth till the almonds begin to brown. Switch the almonds to a plate and permit them to chill.
When the sauce has thickened and the candy potatoes are tender, take away the thyme sprigs from the sauce and add the cooked bulgar, millet, and sauteed mushrooms to the sauce Toss the grains with the tomato sauce and high with the almonds, goat cheese crumbles, and contemporary herbs.
Suggestions & Notes
- Each range and skillet are completely different, so in step 8 the time it takes for the sauce to thicken might fluctuate.
- You should utilize any cooked grain rather than the bulgar and millet.
- You could have to interrupt up the cherry tomatoes with a spatula in the event that they aren’t bursting.
- This grain bowl is finest served heat, however it’s also scrumptious when it’s chilly. Serve it as your coronary heart needs.
Energy: 427kcal Carbohydrates: 43g Protein: 16g Fats: 23g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 11g
Pictures: pictures taken on this submit are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.